Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Friday 30 August 2013

One day...

♥ 

One day ( and in my head it's not in the too distant future) I would REALLY REALLY LOVE to have my own little craft room somewhere in our house, a little sanctuary of peace and calm that I can disappear to.
Obviously it's utterly essential to plan ahead , so I already have a teeny shopping list of things to go in it !
It looks something like this...
Firstly ( and I already have this ! ) there will be a  Just Pootling wall sticker, it's about a metre high so will really be a feature of the room.



♥ I'll definitely need a desk / table and I think this one from  Loaf is just about perfect - not too big, not too small and does what it's supposed to do.


           ♥ Can't quite make up my mind about the seating because I like both of these...




... this one because it has lots of lovely storage underneath and it could be a spare bed if need be ( ok, ok , I'll share my room if I have to )



...or this one, just because it looks so lovely and comfy and squidgy and just about the most perfect chair to crochet in.Again, both of these are from Loaf.
Aaaaanyway, moving on to storage - hooray, no more bags of wool behind the sofa - I'm loving the kind of industrial look at the mo and so any of these will be just right...






Loving these little wooden boxes too.
I can just picture them stacked with balls of wool.
Oooooh it's all coming together so nicely 

Now, this I absolutely LOVE - I saw it yesterday in the new Cox and Cox Autumn Collection book


definitely got to have that ! I could hang ribbons and all sorts from it.
Finishing touches would be grey spotty curtains from Clarke and Clarke ,


Soft grey paint on the walls

and of course it wouldn't be complete without some fabulous fairy lights


and that's me just about done.
Isn't it lovely to dream.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful...your craft room is going to be a lovely calm sanctuary! I had to wait a long time for mine and now I love having my own space...it's been well worth the wait and in the mean time you can have lots of fun planning!
    Happy Weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan - you're right , it's such fun to plan !
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck with your room. I'm just having a break from cleaning daughter's room now she's gone back to uni. It would make a great craft room, but I'll wait till we move house now and start from scratch. It's exciting planning new schemes isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥