Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Monday 23 May 2016

Besotted with beads ...



A couple of weeks ago I designed a tutorial for lovecrochet.com that 
was a little bit different to my usual makes.....


.... in that I think it has to be the smallest crochet I have done so far !


Using DMC's Petra Perle No 3 thread and a 2mm hook I experimented making 
teeny little crochet balls,
that once threaded together make perfect bright and colourful beads.


With a little bit of thin elastic, and some careful threading .... 


... they were soon turned in to chunky Summer bracelets and necklaces.


For a little variation I added them in with some wooden beads ...


... and finished each
 piece off with some co-ordinating velvet ribbon.

 

 Being super quick to make, and with all the shades of the rainbow to choose from
 they make perfect gifts ....



and one of mine was packed up straight away 
and popped in the post to a lovely friend.

If you fancy giving them a go the full pattern can be found in the right hand 
side bar on this page or by clicking here.

...... a little word of warning though before I go ......
they are SO addictive to make !


16 comments:

  1. I love those beads both the pink ones and the grey. Quite charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very nice this summer bijoux!!Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, they're beautiful Kate, perfect gifts. Have a lovely week ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them what a great idea for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and not too long to do either 11jayj !xx

      Delete
  5. These are so sweet Kate, beautiful with the velvet ribbon.
    Have a lovely BH weekend!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely crochet idea ... the best to start my week in pink !
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate, just a quick question as I use Raverly lot are you registered on there for would love to follow you. Thank you jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There Jackie - no, I'm afraid I haven't got around to getting myself on to Ravelry yet ... one day ! xx

      Delete
  8. These are just beautiful! What a lovely idea for gifts......or to keep!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen , they're so quick to make, I'm sure you'd have them whipped up in no time :) xxxxx

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥